I’ve often portrayed Windows 10 as an excellent utility for everyday productivity and hacks. One of those is the clipboard history that many of you may not be aware of.
With the October 2018 Windows upgrade, the clipboard itself also went through some of its own, where it can now store up to 25 items in the queue, along with a few more features.
No matter the circumstances though, some users might want to clear and disable clipboard history in the first place so that it doesn’t store items anymore.
How to Clear Clipboard History in Windows 10
There are two standard methods for clearing clipboard history in Windows 10.
Method 1: Using the Clipboard Itself
Step 1: Invoke your clipboard History by pressing the Windows key + V (one after the other).
Step 2: Decide which item you want to clear. Then, click on the 3 dotted line to either clear only that item by selecting the delete option, or clear the entire clipboard, by selecting clear all.
Method 2: Using Clipboard Settings
Step 1: Search for “clipboard settings” in your start menu to open its system settings.
Step 2: From the subsequent settings page, at the bottom, you’d see an option for Clear clipboard data. In there, hit the “clear” button to clear your clipboard. Do note that it won’t erase any pinned items.
How to Disable Clipboard History
Disabling clipboard history will prevent Windows to queue multiple items inside the clipboard.
To do so, go back to the same clipboard system settings, and instead of working under the “Clear clipboard data,” turn of the functionality of clipboard history.
There is a toggle for it (screenshot below for reference).
You May Also Want to Check Out:
- What Is Cache Flushing in WordPress?
- How to Turn On Windows Defender
- A Visual Guide to Google Search Console Removals Tool
- How to Remove Files Folders & Shortcuts From Windows 10 Quick Access
- How to Delete Backup Files in Windows 10
- How Do I Stop Word From Opening on Windows 10 Startup
- How to Block YouTube on Windows 10 (or Any Website)
- How to Print Double Sided on Windows 10
- How to Check if Something Is Downloading in the Background in Windows 10
- All Other Topics and Posts
Outside of the methods discussed here, you may further find some advanced hacks to clear and disable clipboard History in Windows 10, which leverages either the command prompt or the registry.
However, my advice would be only to explore those avenues when neither of these work.